My approach to weddings...
I'm a documentary photographer with a passion for capturing life as it happens; weddings provide the perfect setting for me to capture two people falling in love and beginning their lives together. I focus on being as helpful and unintrusive as possible, allowing the events of the day to unfold as I capture the story being told before me. It's the little things you'll want to remember, your mother tying your dress, the look on your partner's face when they see you for the first time, Grandma's expression as you stand at the altar, or your partner and yourself laughing surrounded by loved ones at your reception. My journalistic approach to documenting your wedding will leave you with photographs that capture a story in imagery, that you and your loved ones will cherish forever.
Let's meet! It's important for us to sit down together and discuss your wedding, your ideas and expectations, and just to see if our personalities are a good fit for one another.
The Wedding Package...
I like to keep things simple. Super simple. Instead of having numerous wedding packages with differing times, what's included, travel fees, edit fees, page fees, fees to charge you fees, I have one package that includes everything. You get an engagement session, some high quality prints, an album, two photographers, all day coverage, digital files and an awesome photobox. No fees, no extras, no surprises. Planning a wedding can be time-consuming and stressful - and expensive - your photographer isn't someone you should have to worry about.
A more detailed rundown of what's included...
* Engagement session anywhere in the PNW - no travel fees to places like the mountains, beaches, etc. Get creative and chose a place that means something to you and your fiance. We can hike to waterfalls, hang out on the coast's beaches and cliffs, wander around Portland or Seattle. It's the PNW, you literally have a choice of any kind of location you could want! Desert, rain forests, canyons, cliffs, mountains, ocean. I grew up in Ohio, we had corn fields and more fields. At the risk of being ridiculously cheesy - let's make it an adventure!
* ALL DAY coverage with myself, this means all day, I don't put any time limits on how long I photograph on your wedding day. I start when you need me to start, I finish when you leave the venue. My partner will be there for up to 8hrs to get all the important bits.
* Custom, hand made wooden USB photo box that includes your Sneak Peek photos and a wooden engraved USB with your engagement and wedding photos.
* Digital files at "original resolution" to allow for the highest quality printing and sharing.
No watermarks on the photos. Print-release included.
* Wedding consultation(s) - Let's meet up at your favorite coffee spot. I'm always available to answer questions through e-mail or text, you can call me, we can even set up a FaceTime/Skype if you'd like.
* No hidden fees, extras, surprises, nickle-and-diming, etc.
* Flexible payment plans are available for your convenience. After the deposit the invoice is "pay as you can when you can" up until the day before your wedding.
* Hand stitched leather wedding album (rich brown or black colors) 8x12, thick board lay-flat design on pearlescent paper for a unique classical appearance. The archival inks and chemical free papers provides an 8% color loss over 200 years - a family heirloom that will last generations. Images coming soon.
Periodic uploads from my camera, as I take photos, to your wedding day Instagram Hashtags for family and friends to see.
Your Investment: $2375
Check out below for photos of products & sample images
2017 Confirmed Wedding List
Spring, Early Summer
Giannini - Berthold Wedding: June 3rd, 2017 - Portland
Lind Wedding: June 9th, 2017 - Smith Rock, Oregon
Miville Wedding: June 17th, 2017 - St. Mary Star of the Sea, Astoria, OR
Stalley Wedding: June 24th, 2017 - Ainsworth House, Oregon City, OR
Abatan-Sarpe Wedding: June 25th, 2017 - Abernethy Center, Oregon City, OR
Foward Wedding: July 1st, 2017 - Millersburg, OR
Perkins Wedding: July 2nd, 2017 - Rose Hill Community Center, Mukilteo, WA
Kersey-Howells Wedding: July 7th, 2017 - Holy Redeemer, Portland, OR
San Wedding: July 22nd, 2017 - Lewis River Golf Course, Woodland, WA
Obedkova Chekhov Wedding: July 27th, 2017 - Green Villa, Independence, OR
Koehler Wedding: July 29th, 2017 - Aurora, OR
Late Summer / Fall
Smith-Fishman Wedding: Aug 4th, 2017, McMenamins Roadhouse, OR
Coussens Wedding: Aug 5th, 2017, Laural Ridge Winery, Carlton, OR
Winchester Wedding: Aug 12th, 2017 - Leach Gardens, Portland, OR
Walker Wedding: Aug 19th, 2017, Reserve Golf Course, Portland, OR
Mandell Wedding: Sep 2nd, 2017, Armory Center Stage, Portland, OR
McLean Wedding: Sep. 9th, 2017 - Portland, OR
Biggi - Miller Wedding: Oct. 21st, 2017, Oaks Pioneer Church/Bridgeport, Portland, OR
Land Wedding: Nov. 11th, 2017 - Castaway Portland, OR
I'm constantly - I mean constantly - looking for the best items to offer to my clients. I've found numerous photo boxes, purchased from several vendors, only to be dissatisfied with the quality. I love personalized items, items built by hand with care and years of practiced expertise. None of this mass produced pressed wood, made in Chinese sweat shop or gimmicky low-quality merchandise. Well after searching and testing out wooden boxes and various USB's I found a little woodshop based in Poznan, Poland, who makes these beauties by hand. There's nothing better than the smell of freshly cut and stained wood. Or seeing tiny knicks and scratches where the wood was worked, or the planar slipped just a bit. That says quality to me. My photographs are printed on archival papers and inks, they last a lifetime, and so should the box they rest in.
Color options: Natural, Light Oak, Ebony & Walnut (pictured)
Digital files on USB...
**This is not the USB included in the photo box, which is included with every wedding**
You can purchase a separate USB with digital files for family members & friends - hand made wooden case & USB with magnetic latches. - $75 w/ print release
My photographs look pretty dang awesome on a computer screen, they're absolutely beautiful on paper. Printing photographs, and photographing to be printed, is an art-form in its self. And really the true test of a photographer's skill is how their photos turn out when they are printed. Sadly when I edit a photograph it's not always seen how I want them to be - it helps if you have a Mac - but for the most part every monitor is a little different and colors, saturation, contrast etc are all going to give different appearances. Photos printed through your gallery have embedded color profiles that ensure your photos look exactly like they do on my calibrated monitor. The color, detail, texture, and paper quality is at the highest standards, printed on archival paper and inks. And because I shoot with the best cameras and the best lenses, the detail in these photos means you can print large - like cover a wall large.
With every wedding comes printed 5x7 copies of the sneak peek, as well as files on a USB. You're free to print the digital files at your favorite labs; or order prints through your gallery (family and friends can order through your gallery as well!) Photos printed through your gallery are of archival quality, and individually color corrected to match my monitor perfectly.
If there's a custom edit you need feel free to ask! Common requests include sequence panoramas of the first look or engagement collages. I edit these files specifically for exact panorama or collage dimensions so you get the highest quality, and ensure they're color corrected to match exactly.
Personally, I prefer my prints on aluminum - they are vibrant, need no framing, have a sleek modern look, and my toddler can't knock them over and break them! Other options include different formats of canvas printing, acrylic and cards - all accessible from your online gallery.
I'm currently ordering and testing various albums from different labs and artisans for the 2016 season. Finding a high quality, handmade, wedding album that doesn't cost as much as a used car has been difficult. I'll update and put up some photos when I decide on my new albums!
Rings are one of my favorite things to photograph. Is that weird? I don't know. Whether the engagement ring or the band together, every shot is unique to the couple. It's usually one of my first challenges on a wedding day - to creatively capture the essence of the wedding in the 'ring shot.'